Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Crisis

Yesterday started out ok. I ran some errands with the boys, we came home ate lunch, all of us took a nice long nap. Then around 4:30 in the afternoon I had to wake the boys up from their nap. So I first got Jaxson up, then I went to go and get Bryce up. Well that is when it started, I could not get into the room that he was sleeping in (the playroom). Some how, some way the door got locked with him in it and we do not have a key to that door. I tried everything, a coat hanger, a bobby pin, I even tried to literally kick the door open. Jaxson was right next to me the whole time and he did not really know what was going on until I started kicking the door. That scared both him and Bryce and they started to scream, so I new I could not try that again. I called Joe at work and he works about 45 minutes away so there was no way I could wait for him to come home and help, then I called my mom and dad, they were 30 minutes away and I could not wait for them either. So I was thinking to myself "what do I do?", do I call the fire department or who should I call. Inside I am freaking out, but I knew I could not show it to Jaxson, so I remained calm (I am very proud of myself for staying that calm). After 20 very long minutes I finally jammed a screw driver in the door and through some miracle I popped it open. So on Monday we are going to home depot to get a new door knob that has a key to it so if this ever happens again I will have some way to get in. What a scary half an hour that was. Some day I will laugh about this, at least that is what my family says.

2 comments:

Heather Lynn said...

That sounds so not fun. It reminds me of the time triston got his leg stuck threw the crib. I almost had to get a saw to cut the crib but I finally got it out before then. :)

Jannie said...

that is pretty crazy!!!! and what happened to my weekly laurie updates...hehe, j/k!! hope you can quit your job soon so you can have time for stuff like bloggin!!!